12.06.2010

Manic-Monday Blogarrhea

- Are we done with low-rise jeans, yet? I am not opposed to trends, and while standing, I agree that low-rise jeans are quite flattering on some. However, I swear to you, if I see one more butt-crack… (I haven’t really taken the time to complete that threat).

- I feel like there comes a time in every woman’s life where they need to make an important decision, are you a Luke Wilson girl, or an Owen Wilson girl – you can’t be both. I am a Luke Wilson girl.

- My husband went to Target yesterday and only spent $8. WHAT? How did he do that? More rather, what is wrong with me that I could NEVER do that. One time, about a decade ago, I went to Target to get light bulbs, and when I left the store I had just light bulbs. I called my mom. I’m serious. It was a historical moment, and will likely not repeat.

- I think “duties” is one of the funniest words in the English language. I am 33 years old, but I recognize that this makes me more like a 5 year-old boy. When someone talks to me about their “duties,” I lose it. I feel similarly when people talk about “googling” themselves. I hope to mature someday.

- It was reported the other day that a contra banned cell phone was found under Charles Manson’s mattress in prison. He is 76 years old. I can’t stop thinking about the fact that when he was put in prison in the 70s, there was no such thing as a cell phone. There wasn’t even touch-tone! I hope that flying cars aren’t invented anytime soon, because those would be a little more cumbersome to hide under a mattress.

- Mark Zuckerberg makes me feel like an utter failure. To be fair, so does Tara Lapinski (but that reference is so pre Y2K).

- This morning a terror unlike any before fell upon the Lindstrom home, when at 6:45, the 4 year-old came into our bedroom and asked to go see what St. Nicholas left in his shoe. It’s times like these that I am happy that I squirrel things away from the dollar section at Target. Crisis averted, belief suspended.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on St. Nick's Day. My kids, even the 6-year-old, forgot about it. Good thing because so did we!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are cool, being mean is not, so please... just don't do it. Hey, thanks!

Have Keeping Her Cool Emailed to you!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts