12.20.2010

Manic Monday Blogarrhea

I understand simple math concepts, like addition and subtraction. I can even get down with some long division and multiplication. If you asked me to solve an equation for X – I could probably get the job done. Especially where sales and tips are concerned, I am all about fractions and percentages. When we were watching Saturday Night Live hosted by Jeff Bridges, he remarked that he hadn’t been on the show since 1983. Later he said that it had been 27 years since he’d been on the show. I almost passed out. Since when was 1983 TWENTY SEVEN years ago?

I wish there were a way to write numbers in all caps without spelling them out. Why don’t we have capital numbers? It would really help me with my write-shouting.

I’ve been thinking about a new A&E show that I think could really be successful. I am even volunteering my services for the pilot. It’s called “Car Hoarders.” It’s not about people who hoard cars, as you might imagine. It’s about people who are able to mostly confine their hoarding tendencies to their cars. Good stuff, no?

I have to tell you why Football commentators have so much of my respect. I am a 13 year-old boy at heart. So, my only joy in watching football is in hearing the commentary. With all the talk about penetration and ball handling, I don’t know how they do it with a straight face. (P.S. I just said, "do it.")

So, this will be a fun icebreaker. The other night my friend disclosed to a group of us that he has a shame-crush on Fran Drescher. Then, it came out that he also had a shame-crush on the music of Ace of Base. Another friend agreed, and they bonded over it. So who is your shame-crush – the person, place, thing, musician, band, food you LOVE but are too ashamed to admit it publicly to people you care about. Comment below – I’ll respect you!

Hey, while you’re in the business of commenting – you have until midnight tonight (Monday, December 20) to win the Trader Joe’s prize pack – you can enter over here. Make it happen!

6 comments:

  1. She was working in a bridal shop in Flushing, Queens.

    There is no shame in admitted a shame-crush on Fran Drescher. However, I am mildly ashamed that I know every word to the theme song and that I repeatedly sang it in an airport in NC while on the way back from Jenn and Jeff's wedding. CAG was going to kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggle every single time when Husband is playing NHL 2010 and the announcer says something about a "hard dump to the corner".

    My shame-crush is a random assortment of boy band songs. I still sing "Show Me the Reason for Being Lonely" to my daughter before bed. And I'm pretty sure I still have a crush on Ranma from Ranma 1/2 -- the boy AND girl versions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hate those moments when you realize that you can remember something that happened almost THIRTY YEARS AGO!!! *You are right...there needs to be a better way to shout numbers in writing. ;)*
    Also...I will volunteer to be the second segment on your show "Car Hoarders". I bet my car will beat your car...I could produce pictures if needed. ;)
    I do have to say that my house is not messy...just my car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and my Christmas shame crush is Mariah Carey's song "All I want for Christmas is you."-It brings back memories of my senior year...way back in 1995. ;) That song is cheesy and wonderful at the same time.

    My more recent musical shame crush is Brittany Spears "Oops I did it Again".

    I have more, but I will shut up...I LOVE this topic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a shame-crush on the Twilight books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine is really really shameful.
    It's The Lawrence Welk show. There, I said it. Saturday nights at 6 my family and I sit down to laugh at the horrifically-colored polyester suits and watch the blue-haired grandparents dance. And we like it. We like it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are cool, being mean is not, so please... just don't do it. Hey, thanks!

Have Keeping Her Cool Emailed to you!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts