11.24.2010

Thanks... getting???

The four year-old is in his greedy phase. Every commercial he sees, every store circular he sees, every toy he sees, “I WANT THAT!” He has had a difficult time with the notion that every holiday is not a gift giving (or rather a gift getting) holiday. So the other day, he said to me, “Mommy, when is it going to be happy Thanks-getting.” I know where he was going with that, but I took it away from him and then ran with it, “Yup, we’re going to get thankful.” So that’s what I’m doing right now. I’m getting thankful. Of course I’m thankful for the usual suspects, my family, health, home, work, etc. I do not take these lightly, but here are some other things I’m thankful for, that don’t get the proper highlight they deserve on other days of the year.

- Waterproof mattress covers. Need I say more – at least where vomiting preschoolers are concerned (can you tell we've just gotten over the stomach bug)?

- Remote car start. Seriously, this invention is better than the light bulb AND the wheel. Thankfully, it came standard on our vehicle, and saved the discussion between Mr. Lindstrom and me regarding whether or not it was actually “necessary.” FYI – my argument would have been a firm, “yes.”

- High Speed Wi-fi. Mostly because with wi-fi, you can avoid that hour and half wait for a page to load, but also because you don’t have listen to that GOD AWFUL sound that makes you think your phone line has some serious indigestion!

- The dollar section at Target. Generally, I am thankful for Target, but I would like to highlight my thankfulness specifically for the dollar section. It has provided us endless church pew, restaurant, and car trip activities. For the low, low price of one dollar!

I hope you all have a wonderful day of getting thankful – and that your list of things to be grateful for explodes beyond what the day can hold, and spills in to the days, weeks, months, and years ahead!

3 comments:

  1. My wallet is not so thankful for that dollar section. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Target dollar bin too!!!!!!!!
    I've got a mountain if cute note pads & post-its that I don't really need, but it's way more fun to use at work that plain white paper.

    And the ugly Christmas sweaters for my poodle for only $2.50. She's got lots of choices for the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you and yours, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are cool, being mean is not, so please... just don't do it. Hey, thanks!

Have Keeping Her Cool Emailed to you!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts