6.20.2011

Manic Monday Blogarrhea

Please, work through this with me... there are four options in a public restroom where the use of sensors enables you to use a device without touching it: The toilet, the soap dispenser, the faucet, and the towel dispenser and/or hand dryer. Are you with me so far? Here's where I get tripped up, for me, a bathroom should have all four components or none at all. I get hygienically confused when I have to go back and forth between touching dirty surfaces and not touching dirty surfaces.

Speaking of hygiene, I have a newfound pet peeve. I make it sound like I collect them. Really, I only have a couple, mouth sounds and the word moist. The other day, Mr. Lindstrom and I were doing some people watching in a place with many food booths, and my new pet peeve was unveiled... when people lick their fingers while they are eating. OH MY WORD. It is just plain disgusting. I have nothing more to say about it. I'm sick just thinking about it.

I think it's funny when people don't match their dogs.  There is a super adorable fit girl who walks by my house every morning with her dog.  She is petite, strong, and looks like a runner, and her dog is really really tall, has big arthritic looking knobby knees, and looks like it couldn't run if an even bigger dog was chasing it.  Every day when I see them walking by, I'm caught off guard at how hilarious it looks and I laugh out loud.  For the record, our old dog was a small, fat, wrinkly little thing. We totally matched.

I happen to be of the opinion that leggings do not count as pants.  Let's spread the word.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the grins
    and giggles:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Colleen, it is all for naught in the bathrooms when you have to pull on the door with your hand to get out! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was traveling down south, I experienced this weird door implement where you hook your forearm around it and pull so you don't have to put your hand on the door. A good idea, but a little overkill for non-germ phobes like me. Leggings aren't pants unless something is completely covering your rear end--and ideally hitting about mid-thigh. Jeggings are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are cool, being mean is not, so please... just don't do it. Hey, thanks!

Have Keeping Her Cool Emailed to you!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts