4.28.2011

My Lips Are Not Sealed

Sometimes I discover something so amazing, that I have to shout it from the rooftops.  Since I have a crippling fear of heights... and straight jackets, I will not be climbing on top of any houses to scream about this product that I love, but I will blog about it.  I think that it's proper etiquette in the blogosphere to disclose when you are being paid to tell people how much you love something. That doesn't matter because (believe me) nobody is paying me jack squat to tell you how much I love this product.  I'm doing it out of the goodness of my heart (and a little bit because I have a fear that they will discontinue this product if more people don't fall in love with it, and if they did... well, see above fear of straight jackets...)

Here are the facts about me:

  • I apply makeup once a day... if that. In the morning. If I'm lucky and have a hot date in the evening (with Mr. Lindstrom of course), I'll give it a once over again prior to painting the town, but I do not reapply when I'm out and about. 
  • I do a lot of kissing. Mostly foreheads of short people, specifically those I gave birth to.
  • Sometimes I kiss Mr. Lindstrom, if he's lucky.
  • If I am leaving the house and only have time to put on one cosmetic product, it is lipstick.
  • I do not spend lots of money on makeup. I like to save my duckets for food and wine.
So, while cruising around my local Target a few years ago, I spotted Maybelline's Super Stay 24 hour lipstick.  Thinking it was too good to be true, I bought it, our love was instant.  I mean seriously, this stuff stays on until you take it off.  The benefits have been truly amazing.  My children do not walk around with Gorbachev-esque stains on their foreheads, my husband does not appear to be a cross-dresser after one little smooch, I don't even have to consider reapplying (and frankly, the act of "considering" a reapplication would be my only behavior change), and I have lots and lots of dollars left to buy a glass of wine... and not worry about my lips staining the rim. Brilliant!  

Listen, I understand that you may be reluctant to receive any type of fashion or make-up advice from me. But you can trust me on this. I promise. 

1 comment:

  1. The only "lasting" lipsticks I've tried have been super drying, so it's good to have a recommendation for one. I'll have to try it out! I'm a sucker for a new beauty product anyway.:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are cool, being mean is not, so please... just don't do it. Hey, thanks!

Have Keeping Her Cool Emailed to you!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts