Here are the facts about me:
- I apply makeup once a day... if that. In the morning. If I'm lucky and have a hot date in the evening (with Mr. Lindstrom of course), I'll give it a once over again prior to painting the town, but I do not reapply when I'm out and about.
- I do a lot of kissing. Mostly foreheads of short people, specifically those I gave birth to.
- Sometimes I kiss Mr. Lindstrom, if he's lucky.
- If I am leaving the house and only have time to put on one cosmetic product, it is lipstick.
- I do not spend lots of money on makeup. I like to save my duckets for food and wine.
So, while cruising around my local Target a few years ago, I spotted Maybelline's Super Stay 24 hour lipstick. Thinking it was too good to be true, I bought it, our love was instant. I mean seriously, this stuff stays on until you take it off. The benefits have been truly amazing. My children do not walk around with Gorbachev-esque stains on their foreheads, my husband does not appear to be a cross-dresser after one little smooch, I don't even have to consider reapplying (and frankly, the act of "considering" a reapplication would be my only behavior change), and I have lots and lots of dollars left to buy a glass of wine... and not worry about my lips staining the rim. Brilliant!
Listen, I understand that you may be reluctant to receive any type of fashion or make-up advice from me. But you can trust me on this. I promise.